• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bud
Junior Boarder

Re: WTF is happening around Furthur?????

#43588 2 years, 12 months ago
justthegratefuldead wrote:
Take a minute or two and check out this article that was in the Village Voice in June 2010: Inside the Nitrous Mafia, an East Coast Hippie-Crack Ring - bit.ly/djEyK1

Great article, But the problem still remains that if their weren't people who would buy it. There would be no need to have it in the first place. But that's not the case. And like I said in my earlier post I cant throw stones. I used to go to the tank after the show to kick my trip in again for a little bit. But two or three is all you need. People need to learn some self control. But it still pisses me off to no end that these people charge so goddamn much for a bottle of water which is nasty to begin with. (Whole other subject). And then people just leave them were they sat. We have to start policing our own scene who the fuck else are we gonna leave it to. The band? Their there to play music. I make it a point not to leave butts or bottles in the area I was dancing, whether it was mine or not. We have been given a chance to continue a long history of kind people and good vibes. Or descend into madness and let people who can't even begin to comprehend the complexity of the music and are just there to get high ruin it for the rest of us. And it should start with the "nitrous mafia". They are selling fucking garbage nitrous made for cars not medical grade. I love to escape at shows but I do that inside with the music. Not out in the parking lot acting like a fucking crack head. Thanks for the read bro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Pablo Picazoo
Fresh Boarder

#43988 2 years, 12 months ago
mm
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by Pablo Picazoo.
Bedortha
Fresh Boarder

#44000 2 years, 12 months ago
I think that Philly was more a result of the massive nitrous vampires sucking life from the lot. From what I saw the whole Mann Center event was run like a shit show until you got into the venue.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#44040 2 years, 12 months ago
I'm all for vending, My finace and I were vendors at Nateva and a few other smaller fests in 2010. She makes beautiful hand stiched, fabric hula-style hoops and crazy hemp jewelery. we had a blast selling and trading the stuff we make, but we paid for our spot and paid the taxes. The lot and vendors are great and have amazing unique items but when it becomes something we all bitch about and it and even go so far as to blame the band...it's just silly. This band is awesome right now, we are lucky they are still bringing it to us in such high quality. that is important, we have to just enjoy ,the lot scene has been spotty at best and perhaps even the most ugly thing about what surrounds this band. scoring certain fun drugs to enhance one's experience in front of the music is the point to the "scene" that we all have enjoyed over the years, but let's face it, the lot can be ugly, VERY ugly and the reason it gets ugly is $$$ and making $$$ off drugs. Many kids are in it for the lot scene, they don't go to the show or support the band but enjoy making money. The dirty lot scene of the mid 90's weighed heavily on Jerry and the band because it was getting bad and actually embarrasing in the long run. I'm all for that vibe not happening again to this band.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#44076 2 years, 12 months ago
intetnet forums are an imperfect means of communication. i have no problem with people selling hand made whatever at shows. any shows. i bought a handmade grinder, and a couple pieces of original art in the lot at shoreline. what blows up a vending scene is easy-ups(for real man, cops will let you set your shit up, just to laugh at you while they make you take it down, its happened to moi). im just sayin "tailgate" style vending, i.e. laying out a blanket, with your goods on it, or just sitting on a cooler on shakedown with what you got for sale out. i dont vend to get rich. im not rich though, and can barely aford the tickets must less the gas, food, hotels, etc. so i vend. but i vend, to get buy. i dont support poeple who come to shows, or festies or whatever and make it their dayjob to sell fake rasta made in china crap.(not directd at anyone on the forum). i
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#44989 2 years, 12 months ago
just saying if i was a cop and i needed to make a bunch of arrests why not the lot people openly buy, sell, trade for all kinds of illegal drugs and whatnot.....the only time i ever got busted was at dead show in ct i was just about to openly smoke pot next to my van i thought hey after 18 years of partying on the lot it was my turn to get busted 11 other people were arrested with me.......even the grateful dead got busted on the way to a few shows......i am not saying that if they were told they could set up then get busted that's bullshit....but if you are going to commit a crime be prepared to get in trouble
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#44997 2 years, 12 months ago
yeah, i only atttend shows in states with medical. even if i aint got it in that state, if i have it in my home state, it will prolly be thrown out, long as you werent dealin
Time to create page: 5.88 seconds