• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: WTF is happening around Furthur?????

#43493 3 years, 3 months ago
The balloon people freak me out. Walking by and they give you this look after huffing a big balloon. Creeps me out
GOOD LOVE
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#43495 3 years, 3 months ago
So many people fall and get hurt, broken teeth etc.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#43510 3 years, 3 months ago
don't get me wrong i love a good big fat balloon- but it used to be a head was selling out of his van on the DL and for a couple of bucks!
now it is a violent and nasty "mob" driven business! 3 balloons for $20 is a joke and not one of these assholes has a ticket to the show!
the cops....what cops! after the show all hell breaks loose! dangerous!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#43515 3 years, 3 months ago
otherone78 wrote:
Whats happening "around" furthur?! Well, the important thing is whats happening IN furthur. Its supposed to be about the music. This "scene" is the same stuff that was so ugly in the mid 90s because its all about making money, selling stuff...its not the same vibe as the 60s or ,70s...heads are just trying to make money. The official furthur merch booth makes more money than all of the other lot vendors combine. The cr
azy shit that goes on AROUND the band is really not that important, its not the band and this should be about the music not the stupid drama thas comes from the lot. Go enjoy the music and the legacy of this band while it lasts!

Right on, Bro! You hit the nail on the head! Some low-key vending is all good, but let's hope that people keep it all in check and don't ruin this scene again.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Bud
Junior Boarder

#43518 3 years, 3 months ago
just came from P.N.C. last night amazing show. If you don't like balloons stay away from the tank. If your against independent vendors just trying to make a couple bucks don't buy from them live and let live. I have noticed that the lot ain't what it used to be but neither is this country. Its all about the bottom line. What pisses me off is when I have to go and buy a water for $4.50 god knows how much they were charging for beers. The band should recognize that their fans are being raped by the corporations that are hosting their shows and let some heads make some money out in the lot. Free enterprise. You don't ruin a scene with a decent shakedown you ruin a scene with a bunch of people who don't come for the show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#43524 3 years, 3 months ago
Bud wrote:
just came from P.N.C. last night amazing show. If you don't like balloons stay away from the tank. If your against independent vendors just trying to make a couple bucks don't buy from them live and let live. I have noticed that the lot ain't what it used to be but neither is this country. Its all about the bottom line. What pisses me off is when I have to go and buy a water for $4.50 god knows how much they were charging for beers. The band should recognize that their fans are being raped by the corporations that are hosting their shows and let some heads make some money out in the lot. Free enterprise. You don't ruin a scene with a decent shakedown you ruin a scene with a bunch of people who don't come for the show.

Except that I don't think that most nitrous vendors fit into the category of "independent vendors just trying to make a couple bucks". It has been established that they are an organized crime outfit that makes shitloads of money. They will not go away unless the Heads boycott them. I don't see that happening, however.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Bud
Junior Boarder

#43535 3 years, 3 months ago
I agree, for me they fall into the category I mentioned about people who don't come for the right reasons. Like the kick ass music and out of body experiences. But where there is demand there is always supply. I used to hit the tank after every show. Not so much now that I'm older. But what are you going to do. Don't tell me this town don't got no heart. I meet so many kind people at shows. Everything seems so fragmented.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#43556 3 years, 3 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Bud wrote:

Except that I don't think that most nitrous vendors fit into the category of "independent vendors just trying to make a couple bucks". It has been established that they are an organized crime outfit that makes shitloads of money. They will not go away unless the Heads boycott them. I don't see that happening, however.

Agree about the free enterprise. The idea of tax police in the lot in Ohio makes me want to scream "I want Big Government off of my back!" I must be leaning towards Anarchism or Libertarianism lately. LOL!

I think one poster said it best 'don't litter and don't be dumb' (i.e. antagonize the Police with flagrancy ).

As for the Nitrous? Get a life Schmuck! That stuff is no #%&*ing good!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by deadegad.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#43570 3 years, 3 months ago
PNC had a great shakdown in the overflow lot which is where they sent everyone who got there early ,band was set up and jamming for the peeps everyone was mellow didnt see to many ballons and most people had garbage bags,the scene inside was filthy the lawn was covered in trash so was inside,is it that hard to throw your garbage away?i dont care if they pay people to pick it up just looks like shit have some respect for yourself and the planet
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wind_Spirit
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#43583 3 years, 3 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
Furthur is a band. LSD is a drug. one is illegal. I dont think Furthur intends to allow the scene to go down the road it went in the late 90s, and i for one applaude them, because i want to see them keep touring, as Furthur, Dead, Ratdog, Phil and friends, whatever. Vending enough food and soda/water ususallly gets you enough money to make it one tour. those who try to make like a grand a show, selling whatever are ruining the scene, and i dont think the boys will allow it. look at summer tour, its not laid out to "Tour" its laid out to hit a festie or a run of a few shows, the days of living on tour are over, at least for the smart ones. that said, the boys know we know how to conduct ourselves at shows out west, so we get nice west coast tourable legs. THANK YOU BOYS! i say make that money then leave the midwest and east coast to phish, let their scene go down in a blaze. THANK YOU FOR BUILDING TRI, AND SHIT LIKE TERRAPIN LANDING, and all the GREAT music you all have created over the years, fuck venders ruining a good scene. i sell food and soda and awater and beer at shows, make enough for gas to the next show, i dont set up a big ol canopy and pull out a fukin wok. keep it simple stupid.

So we don't know how to act on the east coast, and furthur sets up their tour around this notion? lol You sell water, beer, food and soda, but because it's not under an ez-up, it's acceptable? You buy something in the store, turn around and upcharge it hours later, but selling handmade artwork and such is wrong? Vendors ruining the scene? I can understand people saying that about the mafia, but vendors in general?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, chubbler
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds